Edit a dataset
Datasets are represented by a card. To edit a dataset click on the card.
The edition page contains several sections: structure, metadata, data, visualizations, data sharing, activity, action buttons and content.
The Structure section contains of the Schema and the Enrichment.
The data schema allows to visualize all of the columns in your dataset.
Clicking on a column allows you to access the column information
- Selected column
- Label and description of the column
- Key, type and cardinality of the column
- Concept associated to the column
Visualize the schemas of your data and fill in concepts to make sense of your data
Enrichment allows to import columns from a reference base. It is possible to improuve you data and cross with data from open data such as the SIRENE database, INSEE data, the cadastre or the BAN.
Several steps are necessary to create a data enrichment:
- On the schema, associate the concepts necessary for the enrichment you need.
- Choose the desired extension.
- Choose the columns you want to add and apply the enrichment
Enrich your data get even more value
The dataset will be processed and the progress can be viewed on the 6 different states of the dataset. Once the finalization step is complete, your data set is enriched.
In the lower part of the enrichment sheet, you will find the enrichment log, as well as a button to delete the enrichment.
The enrichment report allows you to check the quality of the enrichment and list the different lines that have not been enriched.
The columns that you have added to your dataset with enrichment will be automatically added to the dataset schema and it will be possible to download the enriched file with the additional columns.
The Metadata section is made up of Information and Attachments.
In this section, you will find information about your dataset, such as:
- The title
- The description,
- the name, extension and size of your file
- Last update date of metadata and data
- Lines number
- The thematic
- The source
Attachments are used to attach a document to data such as a description or documentation in a PDF file for example.
The attached files will be available for download on the dataset page on your portals.
In this section, the data can be displayed in the form of a table, map, calendar or thumbnails.
The table lets you access the first 10,000 rows of the file.
It contains several sections:
- search bar
- mode of visualization of the lines
- columns choice
- filters on a column
- the filter on a value of a column
- Filters on column values allow you to perform an "equal to" or "begins with" filter on columns with text and to perform "greater than or equal to" or "less than or equal to" filters on columns with numbers or dates. You can make several filters. The number of filtered rows is then available next to the search.
- Download of the filtered rows in different formats.
Downloading in XLSX, ODS and Geojson format is limited to the first 10,000 rows.
The column choices allow you to select the columns you want to display in the table.
It is then possible to download the file with only the columns you have selected.
The Map tab is available if position concepts such as lat/lon or geometry, are associated with your data.
The map will allow you to quickly view your data on a territory and access raw data for each point or geometry.
The Calendar tab is available if the concepts Label, Start date and End date are associated with your data.
The calendar will allow you to view your data chronologically.
The Thumbnails tab is available if the concept Images is associated with your data.
In this section, there is a the list of visualizations using your dataset.
You can quickly navigate between the different visualizations to configure them or create a new visualization.
The order of the visualizations can be modified with a simple drag and drop of the visualization cards. This order will be applied on the dataset page of your portals.
Configure multiple visualizations to better understand your data
It is possible to add External Reuse.
External reuses will be displayed on the dataset portal page as a summary cards or the reuse will be framed on the page if you have the embed code.
In this section you will be able to define the permissions of your dataset, the publication on your portals and the publication on external catalogs.
By default, a dataset is private.
The list of your portals is available in this section.
Datasets can be published to multiple portals. Broadcast of data in stages is possible, you can publish your data internally, get feedback, then publish the data on an opendata portal. Publishing on different portals increase the quality of the shared data with multiple feedback.
Publishing on several portals allow to have the same data on all the portals without duplicating the data. In addition, when the data is updated, it will be updated for all portals.
The list of configured catalogs is available the Catalogues page is available in this section.
You can thus publish your data to various external catalogs.
The activity log allows you to view the history of the last modifications made to the dataset.
Latest events in your dataset
On the right of the edit page you have access to several action buttons:
- Original file, allows you to download the original file
- Enriched file, allows you to download the file with all the new columns that you added thanks to the enrichissement in CSV format.
- Update, allows you to modify the dataset loaded on your account with a new one from your computer.
- Integrate on a site, allows access to the HTML code to integrate the table or the data map to an external site.
- View on the data portal, allows access to the page on your portal. If you have published the dataset on more than one portal, there will be various links.
- API, provides access to the interactive documentation of the dataset API.
- Delete, remove the dataset from the platform.
- Change owner, allows you to transfer the dataset to another account.
The content section allows you to quickly navigate between the different sections of the dataset edit page.