The Charts visualization allows to compare several columns of your data with each other in different charts :
- Histogram, chart in the form of vertical or horizontal columns, grouped or stacked.
- Lines, chart as single lines or multiple lines.
- Areas, chart in the form of areas and stacked areas.
- Radar, spider web chart.
- Pie, circle chart.
In this visualization, you can aggregate the values of your data.
This visualization is a quite powerful, its configuration is more complex than other visualizations.
Create a chart
To configure a Chart visualization, click on Visualizations in the navigation bar, then on Configure visualization.
- Choose the application Chart
- Enter the title of your visualization
You are redirected to the configuration page of your application with its different sections:
- Action buttons (full screen, integration on a site, capture, ...)
- Configuration menu
The title of the visualization can be changed anytime.
The Informations section shows a summary of the characteristics of your application.
The configuration menu contains five sub-menus: Data, Type, Preparation, Presentation and Navigation.
The Data menu allows to select the columns to display and to have the first preview of your chart.
The Data type parameter allows to choose how you will represent your data. A different menu is displaued depending on the option you selected.
- Option 1: Read rows one by one, the values of your data are read directly from a column of your dataset.
- Option 2: Group the rows and count them, the rows of the dataset are grouped according to one or two criterias and the displayed values represent the sum of rows for each group.
- Option 3: Group the rows and aggregate, the rows of the dataset are grouped according to one or two criterias and the displayed values are the results of a calculation on a numerical column (sum, average, etc ...) that you choose.
- Read rows one by one :
- Values column corresponds to the values represented on the Y-Axis.
- Columns of labels corresponds to the values represented on the X-Axis, these values can be sorted.
- Sort by allows you to sort your values.
- Sequence allows you to order to your sort.
- Maximum number of lines allows to limit the number of elements in the legend.
- Group the rows and count them :
This option allows to group rows and count them on two levels. The first level corresponds to the value on the X-Axis, the second level corresponds to the legend.
1st level on the X-axis:
- Group by, define the method to group the values. The graph will be able to read the exact values of a column, define intervals of a date type column, define intervals of a numeric column
- Group according to this column define the column you want to use on the X-axis.
- Sort by allows to choose a sorting method
2nd level in legend: This group level is optional, it allows to separate the values even more. For example it's possible to separate a line into several lines or delimit different sections on a bar in a histogram.
- Group the rows and aggregate :
- Group by, allows to define the method to group the values. The chart can read the exact values of a column, set the intervals of a date type column or define intervals of a numeric column.
- Group according to this column allows to define the column you want to use on the X-axis.
- Sort by allows to choose a sorting method.
- Aggregate options: average, minimum value, maximum value, sum
- Values column allows to choose the column for the aggregation.
This section allows you to choose a color palette to use on your application.
This section allows to define different types of interactive filters. The visualization with an interactive filter will be modified according to the values provided in the filters by the visitor.
When you are satisfied with the preview click on Save to finalize your configuration.
You can add a description at the bottom of the page and make your application public.
You can consult it using the consult or full screen buttons.